Family Visas

Family |Non-Immigrant Visas|

K-1/ K-2

Fiancé / Fiancée: this is a temporary family visa that allows the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of US citizens to come to the US to get married. Once the K1 visa has been issued and the couple have married, the foreign spouse (or K1 visa holder) is entitled to apply for a Green Card as an Immediate Relative and remain in the US while the application is processed. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.


Spouses: this is a temporary family visa that allows spouses of US citizens to come to the US to join their spouse while waiting for their visa number (I-130) to become available. Spouses of US citizens who are beginning the immigration process are not required to obtain a K3 visa. A K3 visa is only available to spouses of US citizens who live outside the US.

Family |Immigrant Visas (Green Card)|

FB Immigrant Visas (Green Card): A US Citizen or Lawful Permanent resident family member may petition and sponsor certain foreign national family members and sponsor the family member for Lawful Permanent Residence (“green card”.) The foreign national family member may pursue the green card while residing in the U.S. through the “Adjustment of Status” process or at a U.S consulate abroad through “Consular Process.”

Get in Touch

San Francisco – Bay Area | Houston


We are located in California & Texas, serving clients from all over the world. Please call or email us or click here to schedule a consultation.


  Phone: (650) 285-2735   | (650) ATLAS-35



The information in this web site does not constitute legal advice. We make no guarantees about the accuracy or adequacy of the information contained or linked to this web site.
The materials available on this web site are for informational purposes only. While these materials may be helpful as general background information, we cannot warrant their applicability, accuracy, or completeness, given the many intricacies of specific factual circumstances and scenarios.
The information that Atlas Immigration Law makes available on this site does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such. Please consult an attorney concerning specific legal issues.