Business Visas

Business |Non-Immigrant Visas|


Temporary Visitor: this visa allows one to enter the U.S. for a short time for pleasure such as tourism, visiting friends or family, social or services activities, medical treatment, etc.


Treaty Trader: this visa allows a citizen of a treaty country to enter the U.S. to further substantial trade that is international in scope.


Treaty Investor: this visa allows a citizen of a treaty country to enter the U.S. for the purpose of investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.


Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia: this visa permits a citizen of Australia to work for a sponsoring company in the U.S. in a specialty occupation.


Students: this visa enables a person to study full-time at a university/college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, or other academic institutions.


Specialty Occupation: this visa classification applies to job candidates for employment in a role requiring the “theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge.” This visa requires a petitioning company and most first-time applicants are subject to annual limits per fiscal year (the “Cap”.)


Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional-Chile/Singapore: this visa permits individuals from Chile and Singapore to work in a specialty occupation and requires a post-secondary degree involving at least four years of study in the field of specialization.


Temporary Agricultural Worker: this visa is available to individuals from certain countries who plan to work for temporary/seasonal agricultural work for the petitioning company.


Temporary Non-agricultural Worker: this visa applies to individuals from certain countries seeking employment in temporary or seasonal non-agricultural positions for a petitioning company.


Trainee or Special Education Visitor: this visa is meant for individuals receiving training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country.


Exchange Visitor Visa: this visa applies to individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the U.S. Before one may apply for the visa, it is necessary to first apply for and be accepted into an exchange visitor program through a designated sponsoring organization.


Intracompany Transferee: When a company wishes to bring a current employee to the U.S. to work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer and place the individual in an executive or managerial capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge–the L visa applies.


Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement: For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise.


Individual or Team Athlete or Member of an Entertainment Group: This visa is intended for individuals who will perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group. Requires an internationally recognized level of sustained performance.


Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group): This visa is intended for a performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the U.S. and an organization in another country.


Artist or Entertainer: This visa is meant to allow individuals to perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation.


Religious Worker Visa: This visa is intended for individuals who will work temporarily in a religious capacity. The person must be a member of the same religious denomination as the religious organization where the individual intends to work for at least 2 years before that organization files a petition on the individual’s behalf.


NAFTA professional worker (Mexico/Canada): The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. For citizens of Canada or Mexico seeking employment for a full or part-time position requiring the services of a NAFTA professional (the profession is on the NAFTA list may qualify for the TN NAFTA professional visa. Family members are eligible to apply for derivative TD visas.

Business |Immigrant Visas |

EB-1 First Preference (E1): Priority workers


Persons with extraordinary ability: this green card is for persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Applicants in this category must have extensive documentation showing sustained national or international acclaim and recognition in their field of expertise.


Outstanding professors and researchers: Applicants in this category must be coming to the U.S. to pursue tenure, tenure track, or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education. The prospective employer must provide a job offer and file on behalf of the individual.


Multinational managers or executives: These individuals qualify if they have been employed in a managerial or executive capacity for at least one of the three preceding years by an overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of the U.S. employer.

EB-2 Second Preference (E2)

Professionals holding an advanced degree: This category is for foreign nationals professionals with an ‘advanced degrees’ (masters degree or higher) or at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the profession and with a job offer from a U.S. company .

Persons with exceptional ability: This category is for foreign nationals with ‘exceptional ability’ in the sciences, business or arts and with a job offer from a U.S. company.

National Interest Waiver: This waiver is available to applicants in the second preference category who request that the Labor Certification be waived because it is in the United States’ national interest. These waivers are generally granted to those in the second preference category who have exceptional ability and whose employment in the U.S. would benefit the nation.

EB-3 Third Preference (E3)

Skilled workers: This category is for skilled workers, who by definition are persons whose jobs require a minimum of two years of training or work experience that are not temporary or seasonal.

Professionals: This category is for professionals , who by definition are members of professions whose jobs require at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent degree.

Unskilled workers (Other workers): This category is for unskilled workers, who by definition are individuals capable of filling positions that require less than two years training or experience that are not temporary or seasonal.

Get in Touch

San Francisco – Bay Area | Houston


We are located in California & Texas, serving clients from all over the world. Please call or email us or click here to schedule a consultation.


  Phone: (650) 285-2735   | (650) ATLAS-35



The information in this web site does not constitute legal advice. We make no guarantees about the accuracy or adequacy of the information contained or linked to this web site.
The materials available on this web site are for informational purposes only. While these materials may be helpful as general background information, we cannot warrant their applicability, accuracy, or completeness, given the many intricacies of specific factual circumstances and scenarios.
The information that Atlas Immigration Law makes available on this site does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such. Please consult an attorney concerning specific legal issues.